Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Snow Flurries

Today we got to enjoy cold, windy weather, and...snow! Well, a teeny, tiny bit, but it was still snow. I seem to forget that it is actually November. It seems like it was just September and we were still in Kentucky wearing shorts and flip flops. We are all excited about the change to cold however, and are quickly remembering the benefit of layers. The city we will be heading to in the near future is very, very cold. We are using this tiny cold spell as a rehearsal for the real thing. I have already made some additions to our shopping list, scarves and another hat, for example. We have also discovered how much Jacob cannot stand the cold wind and are experimenting with ways to keep it off his face. (He also cannot stand to wear a hat, so he may just have to be miserable each time we venture outdoors :) It sure does take us a lot longer to go anywhere when we have to deal with coats and hats, and provides us with a lot more opportunities to lose things. Somehow we have already lost Josiah's hat this season, after he wore it only two times.

On another note... we got our next round of shots today. Josiah was a champ. He went in, whined, and then just kept asking "all done?". He even made up an "owie medicine" song while we were in the waiting room. (I don't think I am able to repeat it, sorry.) Only one more round and we will be finished. I think Josiah will be disappointed that he won't be able to go and get any more after shots candy.