Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Saga of the Air Conditioners, cont'd.
So, I have sort of put off writing about our air conditioners, it has been much too frustrating. Now that is is pretty much all taken care of, I feel I can write without being frustrated. We now have two working air conditioners and no longer have a crumbling wall. The floor seems to be okay too, once it finally dried out completely, and the damaged window sill will just have to stay that way. It took two weeks of 3 visits to the place where we bought the units, at least 10 different phone calls by Jared, friends, and our househelper, and a whole lot of persistence with no smiles, for us to finally get the second one installed and have some of the damage repaired. We definitely had a different experience with the installation process on the second go around. The workers put plastic on the wall and floor, and continually cleaned up the messes that they made. When they left we had no additional damage done and almost no mess to clean up. Since then Jared and I have had many conversations regarding what is appropriate in this culture when it comes to work done, and expectations of the client, employee and employer. It seems we had so many things occur through the process that were extremely confusing, frustrating, and overwhelming to us. I don't think we will decide to have any sort of installation or changes done to our apartment in the near future. We need a bit of time to process all we have experienced during the past few weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So glad it got done! What a mess!
Post a Comment