Tonight we had some friends come over and I decided to attempt gingerbread houses. They actually were great fun, much easier than I had expected, and the kids really got into them. Josiah was incredibly interested for almost a full half hour, something that does not seem to happen with anything. I used crackers I found at a local store, made some royal icing (I think that is what you call it) and then used random candies we had around. I stuck the icing in ziploc bags and cut a hole in the corner, one for each kid, and they went to town. Josiah basically just squeezed icing all over the top of his house, trying to make it fall off the edges and make "waterfalls". Then he would stick candy on, at my request. His friends who were over, both young girls, were much more careful with how they applied icing and candies.
Here is Josiah, creating.

The three finished houses, Josiah's is the one in the middle.
No comments:
Post a Comment