Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thanksgiving, cont'd.

In a previous post I told of us heading to visit friends during the Thanksgiving holiday. We spent a day with them, well and two days traveling to get there and back, then came home and had Thanksgiving here as well. On the Saturday following we had somewhere around 20 people at our house to celebrate the day. It was great fun! I have never in my life prepared a holiday meal, much less in a short amount of time and here in another country. Thankfully we did it mostly potluck style. In fact some friends bought some already cooked chickens, the way to do it when you have a very, very small oven! I made a pumpkin pie, rolls, mashed potatoes, gravy, and attempted a sweet potato casserole (the sweet potatoes here are so different it did not come out quite right). We had lots of other goodies like a can of cranberry sauce some friends brought in and homemade stuffing, plus some Asian dishes, to remind us all of where we live :) Here is a picture of our feast just before digging in.

No comments: