Monday, August 9, 2010

Family Days

As I mentioned in the last post, we recently spent some time in a nearby city. We spent a couple days as a family and then some more time with friends. During our family time we stayed in a hotel with a swimming pool. (Our main reason for staying at that particular hotel. Well, that and the super yummy western breakfast!) During our two days, we went swimming three times. It was the first time in a year that Jacob has been in a swimming pool. Basically the first time he has gone swimming and been aware of it :). He loved it, after the first shock of super cold water. We put water wings on him, just like Josiah, but he was pretty much attached to Jared the entire time. Josiah is very independent in the pool (as he is with most things) and can do pretty much anything with his water wings on. He likes jumping off the side, 'swimming' across the entire pool, sitting on the ladder, and splashing daddy and Jacob so much they scream. Emma and I sat on the side and watched each time. I was always in my swimsuit but decided I was too wimpy for the cold :) It was more fun watching from the side.

Emma and I hanging out and watching the boys.

Conveniently located between the hotel and swimming pool is a starbucks, so of course we had to make a stop there on the way home.

Hotel life is always interesting with 3 young kids. We have been learning how to move furniture around and be creative in making beds and barriers. It works! This trip we were in hotels for 9 nights and only two times did we have a child wake during the night. I thank the Father regularly for kids who seem to be used to each others' noises and sleep well all together.

Enjoying that wonderful breakfast I mentioned earlier.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hi Kelly,
So glad you guys had a good getaway! The breakfast and pool looked like fun!

I saw your comment on my blog and wondered if you had any advice for me about Clara Anne's ballet studies. I have never studied, so I'm enjoying it as much as she is, but I really don't "know" anything about ballet other than the books we've read. So I'd appreciate any advice you have!

And P.S., would you be willing to share your homemade yogurt recipe? My girls drink SO much yogurt and I really would love to try making it... Thanks!

Blessings to you five,
Rachel W