Saturday, September 25, 2010

Josiah


Josiah is suddenly growing and maturing so quickly, I feel I am having trouble keeping up with him. I just pulled out his pants this week, after not wearing them all summer, and what used to be rolled up twice now does not need to be rolled up at all. What is happening to my toddler? Jared commented this weekend on how his face has suddenly changed. Now I keep looking at him, making sure I still recognize him :) He also has suddenly been able to recognize numbers, and a bunch of letters (wish I could take the credit but I have have only taught him o and s). Still not quite sure how he is figuring it all out on his own. His questioning is also becoming less black and white, "Will our apartment get old, and us still live here?" "Can I get in a taxi and go to Grandma Dugan's house?" "When I am a man, I can't marry someone who does bad things, right?". He has quickly become a huge helper in our house as well. I never thought my crazy, all over the place, active Josiah could be such a good helper. It helps that he puts all that energy into running all over the place to do things for others. He goes to the kitchen and gets milk for Jacob, then to the bedroom to get Emma's diaper and back again to get a burp cloth. Next he is helping Jacob put on a hat and house shoes, and bringing Emma a toy because she is fussing. What a blessing! I am super proud of him and the efforts he has been putting into learning the language here. I know it is a huge challenge for him and he is really working to listen, repeat, and most importantly, use it with people he meets. Way to go Josiah! God is giving you the ability to show love to your family and to the others around you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is such a pleasure to watch them grow into the men that God made them to be! Enjoy!
Jen