Sunday, November 6, 2011
The Disappearing Tooth
The day my dad arrived in our city, over a month ago, Emma was running around with a new sippy cup. She tripped and fell with the sippy cup in her mouth. Almost immediately, there was lots of crying and blood. I began consoling Emma and realized that one of her teeth was gone, second one from center on the top. My dad and Jared started searching the floor for a tooth while I tried to get a good look in her mouth. Eventually we discovered that it did not look as though the tooth had come out, instead it looked like it had been pushed up into the gum. We were able to see a little bit of white coming out of the gum. I had never heard of anything like that but it seemed like a possibility. After taking a picture of her teeth and gums, we sent it with an email to a doctor friend to get some advice. A few hours later we found out that, yes it did seem that the tooth had been pushed up into her gums and that most likely, over time, it would push its way back down again. I was very relieved by the news, even if it is only her baby tooth. Well, it is now just over a month later and the tooth has begun to descend back into place. It is now halfway visible! It is amazing to me how the human body works. Jared and I have only been parents for five years so far and we are continually amazed at how God has created bodies to heal and be so resilient. Praise God for his perfect handiwork!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment