Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A Special Treat

I really like the flavor of pumpkin spice stuff and miss it living here.  So...I have been on a pumpkin spice flavor spree.  Last week I even made a syrup that we can use in latte's.  Yum!  Again it is from the Market to Meal blog.  Wow does that girl make some good food!  Now I have been hinting, often, to Jared to make me a Latte.  I wouldn't say it is that often, since he is probably only home about 2 hours out of my day.  (This guy has been super busy lately).  It is like being in a Starbucks, in Portland, in the fall...oh, with kids running around and asking for a book to be read.  We have also had pumpkin bread and I am getting ready this week to make pumpkin scones, a recent tradition in our family for Thanksgiving and Christmas breakfast.  It is funny how those little things can be such a big deal, especially in a place where there is nothing else that tastes anything even remotely like the combination of pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg!

1 comment:

Laura Forman said...

just thinking about our thanksgiving two years ago and the fun we had! hope you guys have a wonderful day! :)