Monday, July 11, 2011

Eight Great Years!

Yesterday was our 8th year wedding anniversary. To celebrate we bought two big houseplants, Jared brought me flowers, and we went on a dinner date at the nicest hotel in town. Last night I woke up in the middle of the night with a weird dream and a stomach ache, both probably caused by the enormous amount of rich food I had eaten during our date :). I had a couple hours in complete quiet to think, reflect, and pray. It was a blessing, even if I am a bit more tired today. During my middle of the night reflection time, I thought about how great Jared really is (I think I take him for granted way to much of the time). I am so, so thankful that he is the leader in our home, because boy would I make a mess of things. Anytime I am having difficulty with something, training kids, fitting everything into the day's schedule, understanding why someone said what they did, he always has a solution and an encouraging word. Even though I do the bulk of caring for kids and home, I am not the only one concerned with the kids spiritual well-being. Jared is continually in prayer for the kids and I, and when he is here he is intentional in encouraging them in their relationship with Father. At dinner he takes the time to teach them Biblical truths through catechism questions, and a theology book we are working through. Before bed he reads or tells them Bible stories, prays with them, and answers their never ending questions about stuff. In our every day life, Jared also desires that what our family does and says is always done in a way that seeks to live out our relationship with God. If something is not in line with God's word, he seeks to correct it. I have been humbled in this way multiple times, which makes me even more thankful that God has given me Jared as my husband. We have not had an easy 8 years, we have moved more times than I feel like figuring out right now, have had many family medical issues, have three young, energetic children, and live overseas, but it has been a GREAT 8 years and I am very, very thankful for this gift!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Happy 8 Year Anniversary!! We love you all!!