I have been attempting to do some spring cleaning. I say attempt, because not much is actually happening, other than me just thinking about it. Somehow I need to find space to store all of our winter coats, other winter clothing paraphernalia, big comforters, heaters, humidifiers, etc. All those things we won't use during the coming summer months. In order to store this stuff, I need to get rid of other stuff. How is it we have so much stuff? A few weeks ago I was sorting through photos and found this picture...
taken just over four years ago in Jared's parents basement. We were attempting to fit all of our earthly belongings into six trunks and 2 suitcases. Somehow we did it.
Now I look at our home...we could not possibly fit all our belongings into a jumbled mess in Gay and Roger's basement. This week Josiah and I were reading in a George Muller biography, of how George (who founded many orphanages in England) asked his wife to sell all of their unessential belongings. The next day she sold all the china, silver, and few tapestries that had been in her family for generations. Made me think, would I be okay living with the bare essentials? Not sure if I would so readily give up our couch, or our new clothes dryer. As I begin to sort, toss, give away, and store, I am curious to see how much I really care about all this stuff. Is my heart in the right place?
Sunday, May 12, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment