Each day on our way to and from school, we approach this ramp in order to cross the street.
Notice, there is a marked crosswalk, the ramp is graded (I think that is the right term), and this intersection has traffic lights. It did not take us long to discover that this ramp is intended for car use, in order for them to park on the sidewalk. Therefore it is not wise to wait here in order to cross the street. I have been struggling with where I should stand with my four kids. Do I join the bicyclist and woman waiting in the street? Do I wait back by the parked cars and then make a run for it? The kids and I often wait through multiple lights before I feel we are in a position to cross safely in the midst of cars, motorbikes, buses, and bicycles, also attempting to cross the street and/or park on this large sidewalk. Lately, this regular event has been a struggle for me. I am being reminded, daily, that our lives are in the Father's hands.
Wednesday, May 1, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment