One morning last week, the kids and I arrived at their school and found chaos. There were many mothers and grandmothers standing, talking in the hallway, kids were coming out of rooms holding their arms and crying, and Emma's classroom had been turned into a sort of clinic complete with nurses in uniform. What a surprise to our relatively calm morning. I soon discovered that every child in the school was scheduled to have a physical examination, complete with inoculations. I also quickly realized how fearful my own three kids were of what was happening in their classrooms, about 100 students all nervous and crying, having either just received a shot or about to get one. What a shock to arrive to school and find this scene. After taking Emma, Jacob and Josiah aside, explaining what was going on, assuring them they would not have to get a shot, and then handing them over to their teachers, I returned home praying for their day. God is good. By the time I picked them up, all was well and the scene of the morning was just a memory.
Picture of Jacob in class. Notice the little blond boy, back right.
Wednesday, May 8, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment