Picture from our wedding day.Since then we have lived in 4 apartments (well unless you include the less than 3 month stints), 3 cities, and two countries. We have worked on two master's degrees, held we cannot remember how many different jobs, and welcomed two sons into our family. Our marriage has been sustained through multiple cross country and international moves, in addition to multiple international travel trips, with two small children. (Anyone who has traveled with small children will surely be able to relate.) Our marriage has been blessed greatly and continually, not because we are good at it or even because we work hard at it, but because the Father has chosen to bless it. I am often reminded of a section of our wedding vows, which are hanging on the wall in our home, "I will love and respect, encourage and pray for you...I desire your prayers that God will make me the kind of wife that warrants your love and respect." I pray regularly for Jared, as he faces various trials and as he seeks to lead our family. I also pray that I would be his "helpmate" in whatever way he is needing it. I know also that Jared is often praying for me, as he asks me regularly how I am doing and what trials I am being faced with. God has been good to us!
To celebrate our anniversary, a friend came and watched the boys for us on Friday evening while we went out to dinner. There is a new five-star hotel just down the street from our apartment. We decided this was the time to try it out. It was great! They have multiple restaurants, we chose the one that had some western foods on the menu. The atmosphere was somewhat modern, very comfortable and extremely clean. We got great food. Jared ordered lamb, I got a deli sandwich, both with lots of sides. (I know that sounds funny but a sandwich is a huge treat here!) We also got dessert. After dinner, we went to the lounge/coffee area downstairs, got tea (too late for coffee), and sat on nice comfortable couches. Now this is the crazy thing...we only spent 33 US dollars. This is the most we have ever spent on a meal here, I think, but boy is it a bargain when you really think about it. So glad we went for the best of the best!
2 comments:
Happy anniversary to one of my favorite couples! Congratulations. Your love and respect for each other shows. You are humble people who a lot of us can learn from.
Ken A
I love you Kelly and always will. I can't wait to see you soon. Hugs and Kisses
Jared from M.
Post a Comment