Sunday, July 26, 2009

Family of Five

Yep, Jared and I are soon to be outnumbered, 3 kids to 2 adults. I am pregnant, as of today am 13 weeks along, and due February 2nd. We are very excited and feel blessed by our growing family. This past week I went to my first doctor visit and we even got to see an ultrasound of the baby. Even after two pregnancies of ultrasounds, it is still amazing to me when I get to see this tiny little creation the Father is knitting together. Wow! This time in our lives has definitely been somewhat overwhelming to us, with our big move to another country, language learning, culture learning, and the many other things that often consume our lives. I have also been pretty sick and tired during the past couple months with the pregnancy. We are so thankful to have a Father who is all knowing and all powerful, whose timing is impeccably perfect. What a comfort this has been to us as we go through our day to day lives in a busy unpredictable world.

I am sure as the next 6 months progress I will have lots of stories regarding pregnancy on this side of the world. At this point I am traveling to a bigger city a few hours from us for my appointments. As I get further along this may change. We also are not sure yet where we will go for delivery, depends a lot upon how things go during the pregnancy.

Josiah is happy to tell people that mommy has a baby in her tummy. We also told him that once the baby comes, Jacob won't be the baby anymore. This has completely confused him. He often asks what Jacob will be then. I think the concept of Jacob being big too, it not something he quite gets yet.

I am so excited to be able to share our BIG family news! I am not one who enjoys keeping secrets for a long time :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wahoo! So exciting! Thanks for letting us in on the news! Jen