Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Dust
Ever since we arrived in our new home I have been battling dust. It coats everything extremely quickly, overnight basically, and it drives me nuts. I am not a huge neat freak, but I do like it when my family can walk, and crawl, around the house and not be covered in black stuff. Today we had a pretty funny thing happen regarding this pet peeve of mine. Our househelper was making ribs, yum, and in the process there were some rather strong smells in the house. I decided to go ahead and open the windows for a few minutes and let it air out a bit. About three minutes after I opened the windows I realized that the office and living room were suddenly filled with white dust. It was so dense you could see it in the room and feel it when you breathed. I immediately ran and closed the windows, then investigated. In the apartment next to ours they have been drilling for days and at the moment I opened the windows they were aparently drilling, or doing some sort of construction, near the windows. The dust from the apartment was being carried by the wind directly into our apartment. Jared walked in just after I got the windows closed, he quickly covered all the electronics, then we just waited. Within a half hour most of the dust had settled and we all worked together to try to clean it up. We used wet rags, the mop, and the vacumn and got most of it, I think. As I sit here right now, though, I can still feel it beneath my house shoes, and see it in the corner of the windowsill and in crevices along the desk. Oh well, the floors in our house get cleaned daily and every surface gets dusted three times a week. Today's dust downpour will not make much difference in the long run.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment