Thursday, July 16, 2009

Sticky Mangoes

Not sure how to pluralize (is that a word?) mango. Do you add an e? Oh well, it looks right. We have an abundance of fruit available, it seems year round. Some of it is stuff I know, others we are experiencing for the first time. Currently there are incredible peaches for very, very cheap. I think we are eating two or three of them every day. We also have a lot of mangoes, although they are not quite as inexpensive. I am guessing they must be shipped up from the south. Jacob has discovered that he absolutely loves mangoes. In fact, he likes them so much that I have to be sure to keep them hidden on the counter. If he sees one during a meal, then he may decide to eat nothing else and "grunt" until he is given his reward. It surprised me how quickly he figured out what an uncut one looked like. I have always thought Jacob a bit of a picky eater, and lately we have been discovering just how stubborn he can be. I laughed tonight at dinner. We were having meatloaf and green beans (Jared is gone and I went for something easy with leftovers). Josiah immediately ate up the green beans and it was like pulling teeth to get him to focus on eating the meat. Jacob picked out his meat, gobbled it up, and then began to throw the green beans on the floor. What different eaters I have! Well, thought you would enjoy this video from last week.
Cannot seem to get video to upload. I will have to try it another day. In the meantime here is a recent picture of the boys.


Josiah is pushing Jacob around the house in a bucket.

No comments: