Sunday, September 6, 2009

The End of Vacation

What a day! We all arrived back home on Thursday sick with colds. Today, Sunday, seemed to almost be the worst of it. Josiah is complaining about the back of his mouth hurting, we are thinking maybe a sore throat since both Jared and I are hurting back there as well. We have boxes of tissues all over the house, for all the drainage that seems to be occurring. Then there is our little Jacob. I feel so bad for him. He has had a fever since yesterday at mid-day and just cannot seem to beat it. He is not a complainer, just very quiet, sleeps a lot, and is not interested in eating or really anything. Tonight when I checked his temperature it was at 103.9 F. Yikes!! I decided to switch to ibuprofen, rather than continue with tylenol, and emailed a doctor. Josiah and I also spent some time praying for Jacob. Well, about 35 minutes later I went in to check on him. Guess what, his fever was breaking! Wow, God is good! Now for Jared and I also to get to bed and get rid of these colds. Tomorrow is also Jared's first day of school for this term. He is definitely in anticipation of the heavy load of language study, especially after receiving and looking through his textbooks yesterday. I also go to Josiah's school tomorrow to see about him starting up again, we took a break for the summer. September is upon us once again, ready or not here we go back into a packed schedule.

These pictures have been sitting on our desktop for weeks, with me trying to post them. We took them during a visit to a park. Thought they were good representations of the boys.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hey Ya'll, Great to see the update and see the pictures! Sounds like time with family was rejuvenating! We love you all! Hope you are feeling better soon! I love how you and Josiah lifted Jacob up regarding the fever. What precious teachable moments. He is good! Love, Sarah