Tuesday, September 29, 2009

One Of My Closest Friends

We had a bit of a shocker yesterday...Our house helper let us know that she would not be working for us anymore after this month. I was completely surprised, something I did not at all expect. Her birthday is on Saturday and after that she will be receiving a pension/retirement because of a previous job. Therefore she has decided that she wants to spend her time in other ways, rather than cleaning our bathrooms, doing our laundry, and washing our dishes :). We will miss her so much! She has become one of my closest friends here. I visit with her much of the day, she knows me well even with the language barrier, the boys always are asking/looking for her and Josiah likes to help take care of her. She also is a wonderful woman with a heart for our family and for many others. We look forward to continuing our friendship with her, I am sure we will continue to keep in touch but sure will miss having her in our home every day.
Just today she introduced us to her friend who will be our new helper. She starts tomorrow. I am thankful that our first helper has chosen to stay with us for three more days to help train her and get her started (with all of our crazy and weird ways). Now I get to have the challenge of working daily with someone I cannot communicate well with, until we get used to each other, and also just getthing used to each others ways. I know it will be a transition for Josiah and Jacob as well. They were very attached.
Wow, this was so unexpected. It is weird how much it has affected Jared and I. It is almost as though we have lost something big, I don't know how to describe it. I am thankful to know that this, as are all things, is in the Father's hands and in his timing. We are thankful to have made such a good friend and for all she has assisted us in this past seven months. She was definitely a gift.

2 comments:

Laura Forman said...

Oh my goodness! I sat with my mouth dropped when I read your post, I am so sorry to hear this. I know you guys must be so sad to see her go. We will be thinking of you as you transition to someone new in your house each day. See you soon!!

Sarah said...

What a total surprise! I know this is very hard! We are lifting this and all the transition up! Love you all!