Monday, September 21, 2009

Pants

So, what do you think? Pretty much all local children under the age of 2 sport this look daily. Well, in the winter they wear thick, long pants, maybe even multiple layers, but always with the skin showing. Very easy to tell if the child is a boy or girl :) After my day today I am beginning to wonder if our newest addition is going to be sporting this look as well. Today I spent a good two hours searching for some newborn clothes. (Buying any clothes here is not an easy task. It involves lots of looking, bargaining, and I always have to have an item of the size I want with me since nothing is marked.) During my search at at least 10 - 15 different places, I was not able to find even one piece of clothing for a newborn that involved pants without a split. I found lots of pants/shirt outfits, but not one of them were 'closed up', or could be closed up (I was sure to check). I did meet a lot of nice ladies, who spent a lot of their time searching through their stock. I also got to see lots and lots of little tiny clothes and did end up buying some shirts for Josiah, and long underwear and socks for Jacob. Not a completely pointless adventure, but definitely a bit unexpected. Now Jared and I are wondering, should we go ahead and do away with diapers for this next one? We definitely are not "living as the locals" if we end up importing all of our newborn's clothing. What do you think?

1 comment:

Laura Forman said...

Girl, I feel your pain!! I went shopping for Jackson a few weeks ago and had the same problem! We have an export store here that I bought a few things, but honestly, it's cheaper to buy in the states and have it sent over...if you find things at the end of the season and on clearance, it's cheaper than buying in our city..weird huh? I bought a lot of Jackson's things for next summer the other day, 2 dollars a piece, it was great!!! Anyway...will we be seeing you in October?? I sure hope so!!! Miss you guys!!!