School started up again about a month ago which has made for a pretty packed and busy schedule for all of us. Jared is in classes Mon-Fri mornings and then usually spends the afternoon's studying somewhere (except Monday's which is my afternoon out). The boys and I have been busy with stuff at home. Josiah was going to school each morning, however this week we decided to pull him out. He was not doing well with it and rather than getting better it was getting worse. We are still trying to find a language tutor for me but in the meantime I have been spending about 45 minutes each day studying on my own (definitely have to organize that well with a 3 year old and 1 year old running around). Often in the evenings we have been having people over or getting together with others. Sometimes I am home with the boys while Jared is out, other times the whole family is involved. We never seem to know what weekends will hold. Last Saturday we had the day completely off, and spent a great day just doing stuff together as a family. This Saturday Jared has classes in the morning (there is a vacation next week so they moved classes to the weekend, go figure), then we head to a wedding in the late afternoon. Here are some pictures I had on my camera from recent stuff that took place around our household. I thought I would share.
We went a couple weekends ago and played in the courtyard of a friend's apartment complex. Sounds funny, but it is actually great. There is an area that is rather secluded and Josiah loves to explore the rocks, trees, and bugs. Here is a picture of Josiah doing just that.

Jacob had his first haircut last week. He really does not have that much hair but what he does have was all different lengths and beginning to look rather funny, although most of the time it was all curly and he looked adorable. It was really hard to cut off all those curls. Here is a before picture.

And an after picture. I had forgotten how difficult it can be to cut a 1 year old's hair. He does not stay still for anything, could care less about t.v. or food. With a lot of exertion, on my part, I did get the job done and now have 'two handsome boys' as Josiah was proud to report.

Last weekend, on our Saturday off, we borrowed a friend's bike and went on a family bike ride. It was great! I had forgotten how wonderful it can be to have both kids strapped into seats, unable to escape. In our lives here, all travel involves holding our children. Jared and I were able to visit and talk without having quite as many distractions, other than Josiah asking questions and talking non-stop, this seems to be his newest phase. We road along the river road in our city, which our apartments are right along, and also went over to the island we often explore.

It has really cooled off a lot here, as you can tell by the sweatshirts in the above picture. The weather is very pleasant though. Because this is our first fall here, I am not really sure what to expect. It seems that there was a sudden change to fall but then now the temperature has stayed the same all month. I am wondering if at some point there will be a sudden change to winter. We better be ready, I do know that the winter is COLD! Guessing we probably have another month of 'pleasant' temperatures. In the meantime, we are trying to get out and enjoy it, as well as take advantage of everyone being out and about while the weather is bearable.
No comments:
Post a Comment