Thursday, April 28, 2011

Resurrection Day

During the week before Easter, we spent some time preparing for the celebration of Christ's resurrection. The kids and I, and Jared when he was home, acted out each day's events of passion week. They really got into it, even if it was super amateur. We also made cupcakes and took them to the boys school. The kids and I practiced some phrases, in the local language, to share with the teachers about Easter. Too bad when we got there, only a few people were able to get the gist of what we were saying. It was rather discouraging for me, although the kids were so excited to share something with their teachers they didn't seem to think anything of it. On Saturday we colored eggs, and guess what?! My househelper found us white eggs! This is the first time I have ever seen white chicken eggs here. Guess they can be found, even if they were almost twice as expensive as the brown. My helper and I were admiring them so much we decided a picture must be taken. (She even placed them in the orange colander because she felt it made them even more pretty.)



We were amazed by how bright they got, such a different effect than dyeing brown eggs. Josiah tried to dye as many as he could in as little time as possible and Jacob I think only dyed two eggs. He would sit and guard his egg in the dye and not want anyone to take it out, ever.


On Sunday we did an egg hunt with two other families. Even Emma got in on the fun.





A couple more pictures from Sunday.



Notice in some of the above pictures, there are actually some bits of green in the grass. Yes, spring is actually peeking out a bit, way up here in the cold north. I even today decided to start washing all our down jackets, really hoping we can get by without wearing them!!

No comments: