So, I saved the best part of our trip for last...my sister Rose came and joined us. She took a break from her super intense job and cold Alaska winter, to spend almost two full weeks with us. My sister and I tend to talk on the phone about once a week. She is one of the only family members who calls me in the evening, middle of the night for her, and whom I can actually visit with for a long time without kids around. It was so great to actually have her here in person, spend time visiting, going shopping, decorating our home, cooking, sharing my kids with, etc. We made good memories, from the time she took off early in the morning for a run and didn't come back for a couple hours and I freaked (I have forgiven you Rose :)), to Josiah and she sword fighting with our wooden machetes, and she attacking Emma and Jacob, who loved it! Since she left, Josiah has been asking us daily when we are going to go to America and then says that he misses Aunt Rose. Her visit has ingrained who she is in my kids' minds, which is so so special to me. I am so thankful for her taking the time, and money, to come visit. Thank you Rose! And thank you Riley for helping send her to us!







No comments:
Post a Comment