Saturday, April 30, 2011

Some Recent Quotes

As we were preparing for Easter, the kids and I collected a bunch of stuff around the house that could serve as symbols for events that occurred during the week prior to Christ's resurrection, such as a donkey, leaves, etc. One of the items was a rooster, as a reminder of Peter's denial of Christ.
Josiah: (In reference to the rooster) "Hey I know what that is for. When Jesus was being baptized, a chicken came down from Heaven!"



After returning home from school one day.
Josiah: "I learned a new word at school today, sheng qi (angry)."
Jared: "How did you learn it?"
Josiah: "The teacher kept saying it?"
Jared: "Was she angry with you?"
Josiah: "No she was angry with all the other kids?"
Now, keep in mind that at that point this was only the second word Josiah has come home and told us he learned, guessing the teacher must have made an impression on him in some way. We are wondering how (and maybe she should use it more often :)



Tuesday
Me: "Jacob what did you eat at school today?"
Jacob: "Mmmmm, rice!"
Wednesday
Me: "Jacob what did you eat today?"
Jacob: "Mmmmm, rice!"
Thursday
Me: "Jacob what did you eat today?"
Jacob: "Mmmmm, rice!"
....you get the picture. I guess he can almost always get that one right!

No comments: