Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Blond vs. Black
Jared and I were comparing notes last night on conversations we had in the local language throughout the day. We realized that we both keep getting this one question over and over again. When I am out I often get asked if my husband is Asian and Jared gets asked about his wife. Lately when I am out with the boys I keep getting asked if their dad is Asian. I immediately think, look at them, what do you think, they have blond hair and blue eyes. That does not seem to matter, I have been asked the question numerous times in the just the past couple weeks. Last night Jared said that even at times when he has shown a picture of his family he gets asked if his wife is Asian. I guess this is another opportunity for us to choose to learn about this culture we are living among, and lots of opportunities for us to practice language. Both are definitely difficult for us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment