Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spelling

My favorite Josiah quote from today: "can I watch a v - i - d - e - o." Yes, he spelled the whole thing out. I guess that Jared and I better be careful how often we use the spelling trick. He seems to be catching on!

Today Josiah also surprised me by asking a boy outside, in the local language, if he could have his toy. I was amazed at how perfect his pronunciation was too and that he knew exactly what to say. Unfortunately the boy, and his grandmother, both answered in the negative and Josiah got a lot of laughs and even more attention. I think I would be willing to get so many laughs and attention if I was able to talk like that. I am so glad that he seems to be listening to the local language from others rather than me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Josiah is amazing! What a great opportunity for him to be learning another, very difficult language. That will serve him well in his future! Take care- Jen