Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day


Yesterday Jared surprised me with these tulips. I love tulips and me actually having tulips on my table in the states was a rarity, having them here is unheard of. I was super excited when he showed up with them and am fully soaking them in each time I look towards our dining room table. It is like having spring in our home, even though ice is still covering our kitchen window.
In addition to tulips, we also had a "romantic dinner for five" at our favorite local coffee shop last night. It was fun to just get out of the house for a bit, I am definitely ready for winter to be over!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Ooh, Kelly, they are lovely! What a thoughtful husband...tulips are my favorite (being of dutch origin and all) and they just DO say "spring!" How nice!

And so glad you could get out for your "romantic dinner." We had one of those at home--I lit candles and made a heart shaped cake and a lot of mexican food...but I have to say I was wishing I could have just left the table as it was when I was done eating!

blessings to you all.
Rachel W