Saturday, February 5, 2011

Kids' Room and Living Room

Josiah and Jacob wanted to be a part of showing off the kids' room. This morning they even posed for me. Our old apartment was completely furnished, this new one only had a few things so we bought some basic pieces. Josiah and Jacob got a bunk bed, and wow have they been excited. Josiah is daily showing me tricks he can do off the sides, and Jacob loves it when I say "time to get into bed". He runs as fast as he can, jumps in, and usually has his thumb in his mouth with a smile visible around his little hand. Now that Jacob has moved out of the crib, Emma gets it. I don't think she thinks it any different than her pack-n-play but it sure is nice to not be moving the pack-n-play around all the time for her naps and play time in the living room.


We really like how open the living room is. This apartment is actually a bit smaller than our old one, but the space we lost was mostly in an extra porch and the size of the bedrooms. Our living room is huge. What a blessing with kids, kid stuff, and how much we enjoy having people over. Josiah is showing you "Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse" while I show you the living room.
(Goodbye purple and orange couches, hello neutral brown.)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Kelly,
Your kitchen and new living room are so, so pretty! I LOVE the counter space in the kitchen and can't believe it was already done when you moved in. What a blessing! And how funny...we have those exact same couches! We have the three person one and a corner one, as well as the chair with ottoman in our school room. they're really comfy and we've washed the covers twice now and they've held up well.

Thanks for sharing the pictures! And, do you not have a helper? Are you looking for one or content at this point? I was just thinking a helper would be great for some of that food prep!

Hope you're having a great day. Thanks for the encouraging words on my blog lately, I really appreciate it!

Blessings,
Rachel W