Wednesday, March 4, 2009

What a Week

This week has been rather crazy, and it is only Wednesday. Somehow we had many big, new things start this week. It has been a good week, but very full.
1) Jared began school. He is going full time, over 20 hours a week, plus studying time.
2) We now have a househelper who started on Monday. She does much of the cleaning and has been cooking lunch for us every day. Wow is she a great cook!! This has been a huge help. I have actually done some things I have been trying to do since we got here, put files in the filing cabinet, cleaned out my purse, played on a clean floor with Josiah and Jacob, etc. The challenge is trying to communicate with her when I can speak almost none of her language and she can speak none of mine.
3) We have found a language teacher for me. I start with her on Monday, and she will be coming here to the house during the boys' naps. (The timing was great, especially since we now also have some help around the house.)
4) We finally got our dining room table and chairs. We are very excited to be able to sit down at a table together as a family. Josiah has been eating in a booster seat on the floor for two months, not the best way to spend meals day after day.
We have had so much to be thankful for here. There are many ways we have been taken care of.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds so great! What kinds of food is she cooking? I want to see pictures, haha :) Did all of your furniture finally arrive?