Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Good Morning!

Each morning we have pretty much the same routine. After getting ready, I get Emma and she and I go in and get the boys. They have usually been up for about 15 minutes, playing in their room. Emma always gets to get in bed with Jacob, something he is super excited for. He clears a spot and, after I lay her down, lays down with her and usually holds her hand or pats her. While I am getting out their clothes Jacob 'cares' for Emma and Josiah catches me up on all the things he didn't get to tell me while he was asleep. (Josiah can talk extremely fast with hardly any pauses, especially in the morning.) Once I get everyone's stuff out we get started. Josiah gets dressed by himself, although usually needs to be coached through every step, while he and are deep in conversation. At the same time I am dressing Jacob, who is usually sucking his thumb. Most of the time Emma is 'talking' while she waits her turn. I am hopeful that someday she and Josiah can keep a conversation going, without me needing to be involved. Everyone is finally dressed, usually in clothes that match and with their own socks on, although it sort of depends on what I find at the moment :), and we are off to begin our day.
Here are pictures from first thing this morning.
Jacob enjoying his 'Emma time'.

Josiah filling me in on what he was up to before I entered the room.

No comments: