My sister became Mrs. Timmins 11 days ago. Congratulations Rose and Riley! Emma and I got to be there for their wedding! She and I flew to Oregon on the Monday before the wedding and were there a week. I still cannot believe we were actually there, it was a whirlwind of a trip and seems like a dream. The U.S. and where we live in Asia are definitely two different worlds.
Here is my sister Rose, my mom, Emma, and I.

I am looking forward to having more pictures from the wedding, it seems I was too busy to get much with my own camera. I loved having my entire family together and look forward to having a few pictures of everyone.
Emma was an incredible baby the day of the wedding. She posed for countless pictures, and just went right along with the schedule I had laid out for her. I do have to say she is an excellent baby in general. She traveled the 36 hours there and 36 hours back with me and did great, considering how exhausted and out of sorts we both were. It definitely is a lot easier to travel with a 3 month old than with a 3 year old and one year old :)
Here are she and I just before the wedding.

My mom with Miss Emma.

I am realizing as I look through pictures that I basically have over a hundred pictures of different people holding Emma. My dad was teasing the day after the wedding, that at least a hundred people had held her that day. I think he may actually be accurate, especially if he includes all the days up to the wedding.
Here he is with his third granddaughter. My dad got Emma to laugh for the first time ever during our time in Oregon.

Okay, so I think all the rest of the pictures are of Emma with someone, get ready for some repetition...
...with Uncle Adam, my youngest brother who could get her to smile just by sitting next to her.

...with her Great Grandma Dugan.

...and her Great Grandma Pollard.

...and finally with one of her cousins, Molly, who desired to make Emma into her baby doll.

During the week we were in Oregon, we stayed at my Dad's house. I think I only left the house two times, both to do some shopping, other than when we went to my sister's wedding. There was basically an open house all day, every day. Family and friends came to visit, hang out, and eat. It was great. I was able to spend time with all my brothers and sister, my nieces, grandparents and many friends. Jared's parents also came out for a day, along with one of his brother's and his family, and they also made it to my sister's wedding. It was such a blessing to be there for all the wedding preparation stuff. I have been hearing about it on the phone and been seeing pictures on email of stuff, I was glad to finally get to be there with my sister and be a part of it all. Like I said before, it was all sort of a dream. Thank you so much to everyone who made my time so great, dad for taking care of us all week, and for all the friends and family who brought things over and just spent time visiting. It was so refreshing! Thank you, thank you!
Well, it is now after 9 and way past my bedtime... I am off to bed to get ready for another day of being mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment