I have recently begun meeting with a language tutor 4 days a week, 2 hours each day. It has made for a busy and very tiring week for me, but is hopefully worth it. I am determined to learn this language. We have been here for almost a year and a half and my skills are very poor. I have lots of excuses, one of them being that we have three kids under four, yet at the same time I don't see things getting any easier in the future. Anyways, I am definitely thankful for my kids' napping schedule and for our househelper. My tutor comes in the afternoon while Josiah and Jacob are sleeping. Emma is awake first half and asleep second half, or at least that is the plan each day. Josiah usually wakes before my tutor session is over so he watches a video until I am free. Also, my househelper is able to do a lot of the dinner prep, a huge help considering all kids are up from naps and at my feet as soon as the tutor leaves, and soon after dinner needs to be on the table. I am also trying to spend an hour each evening to prepare for the next day's lesson. That has been a little more difficult, I keep falling asleep.
I have had this list of things to fit into our schedule and one by one they are getting checked off, things like cutting kids nails and giving Emma a bath on a regular basis. Now I can check off language study time. The last, and only remaining, thing on my list is exercise. I cannot seem to get that in. Hopefully now that the weather is changing, it will be a little more feasible. Any ideas from you blogging friends, on how you get in language study, exercise, caring for kids, etc.?
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment